Can you be wrapped up in a funnel cake? Is that too silly? Or perhaps a crepe? I am just soft dough deflecting the fists that punch at my doughy exterior and every now and then they reach my inner core.
I listen to all of the songs. Not the ones from when we were and when we weren’t but from when we were and we were and we weren’t and we weren’t and we were. And every playlist has a title for the ages and a title for all time.
And right about now my nose itches and I consider taking a step outside for a cigarette but Minnesota gets so cold.
I’m breathing but I’m wheezing. Feel like I’m emphysem’in.
Thought I’d make a playlist for all humanity. At this time in my life, songs like these are ever present.
- Rocket Man by My Morning Jacket
- L.A. Song by Beth Hart
- Weight by Mikal Cronin
- Avant Gardener by Courtney Barnett
- 17 by Youth Lagoon
- Something Good by Alt-J
- Look at Miss Ohio by Gillian Welch
- Going Up the Country by Canned Heat
- In My Time of Dying by The Be Good Tanyas
- For Our Elegant Caste by Of Montreal
- I Hope You Die by Wye Oak
- Futile Devices by Sufjan Stevens